Our Editor’s Best Running Shoes Reviews
Under Armour men Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe, Black (003 Black, 10.5 US
- The shoes have a lightweight mesh upper that is breathable and has a digital print in three colors.
- The shoes have durable leather overlays for stability and to lock in the midfoot.
- The EVA sockliner in these shoes provides soft, step-in comfort for the wearer. This makes them ideal for running or other activities where you need a comfortable, supportive shoe.
- The shoes have a cushioning midsole that is responsive and durable.
- The shoes have a solid rubber outsole for durability and less weight. They also have a high-impact zone for greater durability.
- This is a pair of running shoes with an offset of 10mm. This means that the heel of the shoe is 10mm higher than the toe, which can provide additional stability and comfort for the runner.
- If you are looking for a neutral running shoe that provides a balance of flexibility and cushioning, this is the shoe for you.
- The shoes have a standard lace-up design.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 8 Running Shoes Black/White 10.5 M
- The shoes have GEL Technology, which provides excellent shock absorption.
- The shoes have better traction for off-road surfaces.
Brooks Ghost 14 Women’s Neutral Running Shoe – Peacoat/Yucca/Navy – 8.5
- The Ghost 14 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe that has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance. This running shoe is for runners looking for a smooth ride that won’t distract from the fun of the run. The Ghost 14 offers a simplified midsole construction which creates more seamless transitions.
- The Ghost 14 running shoes offer neutral support and high energizing cushioning, making them ideal for road running, cross-training, or the gym. They are the successor to the Ghost 13 shoes.
- The shoes have a soft cushioning that makes them comfortable to wear and responsive to the ground. They are also lighter than other shoes, making them ideal for running or other activities.
- The Segmented Crash Pad system provides cushioning and shock absorption for a smooth, stable ride.
- The shoes are soft, secure, and fit well. The 3D Fit Print upper technology provides a structure that moves with the foot, making them comfortable and stable.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 8 Running Shoes, 8.5, MAKO Blue/Pink GLO
- The running shoes have GEL technology in them which provides excellent shock absorption for the person wearing them.
- The shoes have a more accommodating forefoot fit and a reduced amount of overlays around the forefoot without sacrificing durability.
adidas Men’s Ultraboost 22 Running Shoe, Black/Black/White, 11.5
- The shoes are designed for men and are meant to provide high performance while running. They are also flexible to provide a smooth ride.
- ADIDAS PRIMEKNIT shoes are designed to provide a supportive fit and enhance movement. The foot-hugging upper wraps around the foot for a comfortable, customized feel.
- The adidas BOOST shoes are designed for runners who want a shoe with a lot of energy return. The shoes are made with energy capsules that help to keep your feet moving.
- These shoes are designed to provide a natural, energized ride with superior traction. They have a Stretchweb outsole that flexes naturally and a Continental Rubber outsole that gives you superior traction.
- The upper of this shoe is made with a high-performance yarn that contains at least 50% Parley Ocean Plastic. Parley Ocean Plastic is made from plastic waste that has been intercepted on beaches, coastal communities, and shorelines, preventing it from polluting our ocean. This shoe is designed for runners who are looking for a shoe with a sustainable upper that performs well.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 28 Running Shoes, 9, Piedmont Grey/DEEP Plum
- The engineered mesh upper on these shoes improves breathability, making them ideal for running or other activities where you need to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The OrthoLite X-55 sockliner is designed to improve comfort for the wearer. It is made of a soft material that helps to cushion the foot and reduce friction.
- This is a pair of running shoes that have a durable outsole. The outsole is made from a compound that is 50% more durable than standard ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. This makes the shoes ideal for running on rough or uneven surfaces.
- The Trusstic System is a technology that reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe. This makes it an ideal choice for shoppers who are looking for a shoe that is both lightweight and durable.
- The shoes have a redesigned heel counter that helps keep the foot stable and provides a more comfortable stride.
adidas Men’s Chapter 2.0 Running Shoe, Orbit Green/Black/Black, 12
- The shoes are designed for people who like to run and can be used for everyday wear. They are comfortable and stylish and can be used for a variety of activities.
- The shoes have a lace closure, meaning that they are closed with laces.
- The shoes have a knit upper, which means the upper part of the shoe is made from a knit fabric. This is a type of fabric that is often used in sportswear because it is stretchy and comfortable.
- The shoes have a mesh lining that allows for breathability and comfort.
- The heel counter is the hard plastic or rubber material at the back of the shoe that helps to stabilize and support the heel.
ALTRA Men’s AL0A547L Lone Peak 6 Trail Running Shoe, Black/Gray – 10.5 M US
- The shoes are a runner’s world award winner for best trail shoes in 2022.
- The shoes are designed for traction on various types of terrain, with a MaxTrac outsole and TrailClaw lug pattern.
- The running shoes have a balanced cushioning platform that encourages low-impact landings by placing the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground.
- The shoes are designed to allow the toes to relax and spread out naturally, which may provide a more comfortable fit and feel for the wearer.
- The Altra EGO running shoes are designed to provide a responsive and soft ride for the wearer. The midsoles of the shoes are made from a special foam that is designed to absorb impact and provide a cushioned feel. The shoes also feature a breathable mesh upper that helps to keep the feet cool and dry.
Under Armour Women Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe, Black/White, 9.5 US
- The shoes have a lightweight mesh upper that is breathable and has a digital print with three colors.
- The shoe has durability and stability with leather overlays and a fit that locks in the midfoot.
- The EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort for the shopper. It is made of a material that is designed to absorb impact and provide cushioning.
- The shoes have a Charged Cushioning midsole that uses compression molded foam for ultimate responsiveness and durability.
- The shoes have a solid rubber outsole for durability, and the outsole covers high-impact zones for less weight.
- The offset of a running shoe is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot of the shoe. A 10mm offset means that the heel is 10mm higher than the forefoot.
- The shoes are designed for runners who need a balance of flexibility and cushioning.
- The shoes are very light and comfortable to wear while running.
- The shoes have laces that are meant to be tied in a standard way.
adidas Men’s Questar Flow Nxt Running Shoe, White/Black/Grey, 11
- These sneakers are designed to be comfortable and stylish for everyday wear. They come in a variety of colors and sizes to suit your needs and taste.
- The shoes have a regular fit, meaning they are not too tight or too loose and should provide a comfortable fit for most people.
- These shoes are designed to be lightweight and breathable, perfect for runners who want to stay cool and comfortable during their run. The mesh upper allows for maximum airflow to keep your feet cool, while the cushioned sole provides comfort and support.
- The Cloudfoam unit sole provides ultra-soft comfort for the shopper. It is made of foam and has a soft, comfortable feel.
- This shoe has a molded heel counter for support.
Running Shoe FAQs
1. What are the best running shoes?
There is no definitive answer to this question as different runners have different preferences. Some of the most popular running shoes include the Nike Free, the Adidas Ultra Boost, and the Asics Gel-Kayano.
2. What are the different types of running shoes?
The three main types of running shoes are stability shoes, motion control shoes, and neutral shoes. Stability shoes are designed for runners who have a tendency to pronate or roll their feet inward when they run.
Motion-control shoes are designed for runners who have a tendency to supinate, or roll their feet outward when they run. Neutral shoes are designed for runners who have a neutral running gait.
3. What are the benefits of running shoes?
There are many benefits to running shoes including:
- They provide cushioning and support to your feet, helping to prevent injuries.
- They help you to maintain good form while running, which can lead to improved performance.
- They can increase your comfort while running, making it more enjoyable.
- They can help you to run faster and further by increasing your efficiency.
- They can make running in bad weather or on uneven surfaces easier and more comfortable.
4. How do I choose the right running shoes?
There’s no one answer to this question, as the best running shoes for you will depend on a number of factors including your foot type, running style, and the type of surface you’ll be running on. However, there are a few general tips that can help you choose the right running shoes.
First, be sure to go to a specialty running store to get fitted for shoes, as the staff there will be able to help you find a shoe that’s right for your feet. Second, don’t be afraid to spend a little extra on a good pair of running shoes, as they can make a big difference in your comfort and performance.
Finally, be sure to replace your running shoes regularly, as they will wear out over time and may no longer provide the support and cushioning you need.
5. How often should I replace my running shoes?
This is a difficult question to answer, as it depends on how often you use your running shoes, how you take care of them, and what type of running shoes you have. However, as a general rule of thumb, you should replace your running shoes every 300-500 miles.
There are many great running shoes on the market. Our list of the best running shoes will help you save time researching and choosing the best one for you.